HIVE would like to hear the views of the Service community about the information service we provide. Please take our short survey here



If you are a subscriber to HIVE blogs, we want to let you know that UK data protection law changes on 25 May 2018 when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect. This new legislation gives you more control over how your data is used.

We are taking this opportunity to update our subscription sign up options to make sure we provide our HIVE blog readers with the information they want, when they want to receive it. This means that if you are already a subscriber, emails you currently receive will stop and all readers will have the opportunity to sign up for new email updates as soon as the new subscription option is in place.

You can withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email you receive from us.

Friday, 15 June 2018

The Amigo Project - Wellbeing buddies for support in recovery from mental ill health.

The Amigo Project can take clients who are out of area as obviously the poster lists the boroughs we cover, but as Sandhurst is so close to Surrey Heath, we will accept clients from here. Also, our volunteers can support client at evenings and weekends if day-times are not suitable.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018

Some good news from Surrey Police

On Thursday 7th June 2018 two males were arrested in Smarts Heath Road in Woking having made off from Police in an Audi S3 motor vehicle on false index plates. Officers were made aware of a burglary in Collingwood Crescent in Guildford and spotted the car which was involved in the burglary which subsequently crashed in Smarts Heath Road. From within the vehicle, Police recovered property from the Collingwood Crescent burglary along with other stolen property which has now been identified as coming from 2 burglaries on the same day in Church road, Byfleet and Old Woking road, Woking. 
Daniel Carthy of Ivy Hatch residential site, Green Lane, Redhill and James O’Reilly of NFA were arrested on suspicion of Conspiracy to Commit residential burglary. Enquiries were made with neighbouring Police forces, and as a result they were charged with a Conspiracy to commit residential burglary between 8th April 2018 and 7th June 2018 consisting of 23 offences. (9 in West Surrey, 12 in Buckinghamshire and 2 in Hampshire) 
Both have been remanded in custody to appear before Guildford Magistrates Court.
          Call 101 to contact your local Police force for all non-emergency calls.
          To report crime completely anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
          Report all incidents of fraud to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or report it online at 


Sunday, 10 June 2018

Heritage Day - The Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst - 17th June 2018

On one day every year the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst opens its' gates to the public to enjoy Heritage Day. Last year saw displays from the White Helmets Motorcycle Display Team, The Band of The Corps of Royal Engineers, Show jumping and Gurkha Jungle Trail Gates open from 10:00, entry is free. 

Keeping your home safe from Opportunist Burglars

Keeping Your Home Safe from Opportunist Burglars

Since April 1st, an average of 106 burglaries have been reported to the Police each week across the county.
Opportunistic burglars chance their luck, trying door handles and garden gates for an easy entry. Don’t make it easy for them; follow our handy tips below:
🏠 Shut all windows and lock them when you are not using the room, out in the garden, at night and when you leave your property
🔑 Lock all front and rear doors at night and when you are out. If you have a UPVC door, remember to lift the handle and lock it with the key
🚗 Put all car keys and other keys out of sight and not in reach of windows and letterboxes. Double check your vehicle is locked too
🔐 Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property. Move bins away from side walls and fences
📱 Register your property on Immobilise, the world’s largest, free, property register. It’s simple to register property such as technology, jewellery, bikes, antiques and collectibles and registering your property could help us reunite you if it’s stolen. Visit to get started!
🔦 Mark your property with a forensic marker fluid, such as SelectaDNA. This clear liquid carries its own unique synthetic DNA which is only visible under ultraviolet light. For Surrey residents, a discount of 50% with free P&P is available on SelectaDNA Home Kits. Just visit and use the discount code ‘DNASURREY50’ to order a kit for just £29.75.
For more home security advice, including property registering, forensic marking and CCTV, visit our website:
Call 101 to contact your local Police force for all non-emergency calls.
To report crime completely anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Report all incidents of fraud to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or report it online at